2011年8月9日

[UK life] One day trip in Glasgow

Glasgow is a nice place to shop and see some impressive architectures.I went there with the golden partners plus the Yeh family last Sunday.
Walking out the station, George Square came into our sight, on which there are many statues of famous people. One of them is a person named James Watt. After reading the introduction in front, I found that he might be the one who had invented (or improved) the stream engine and therefore it lead to a important start of the Industrial Revolution.

There are dozens of statues in Edinburgh as well. However,before meeting James Watt, I only have feelings for Adam Smith, the author of The Wealth of Nations. Now I think I could understand why most Scottish people are very proud of Scotland. (So J.K Rowling has become less important to me recently.)

After the historical tour, we went shopping...Hahaha. Many shops in Glasgow are having sales promotion now.Some clothes are too cheap to be believed until you find the inside label printed with "Made in Bangladesh".

Then we visited the lighthouse which is one of the great architect Mackintosh's masterpieces. The only pity is that the rain had never stopped. The cold and wet weather made everyone tired and miserable.In one hand was an umberlla and in the other hand were thin paper bags filled with new clothes, which were so wet that become broken apart just after few hours.

At last, we dicided to go home earlier. To sum up this tour, I think I still prefer Edinburgh so far...:P

   

沒有留言: